Dr Melanie Rockman graduated from Melbourne University in 1998 and has worked in a variety of veterinary settings from mixed practice, to small animal practice, shelter work and eduction.
From 2005-2020, Melanie worked at the Melbourne University Veterinary Teaching Hospital (formerly known as UVET) as a tutor, lecturer and GP/Behaviour Veterinarian.
Melanie went on to do further studies and obtained her Behaviour Membership in 2013 with the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists.
Melanie founded her own behaviour practice in, Bayside Animal Behaviour Services in 2013 , offering home visiting behaviour consultations for dogs and cats with behaviour problems, assisting families and their pets with a variety of complex behaviour concerns over the past decade.
In 2022, Dr Mel Rockman commenced her specialist training program and is currently undergoing a behaviour residency via the American College of Veterinary Behaviour.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science 1998
- Member of Australia and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists 2013
- Behavior Resident, American College of Veterinary Behavior (current)
- Fear Free Certified Professional
- AVBM (Australian Veterinary Behaviour Medicine/Australian Veterinary Association
- ISFM (International Society of Feline Medicine