Here is another cute trick that dogs find naturally easy - Bow!
This trick is relatively easy to teach as most dogs bow when they play with other dogs and it is one of my favourites.
Before attempting this trick, ensure your dog knows how to STAND as this will be the starting position. So follow the tips below on how to teach your dog to Bow.
- Start with your dog in a Stand position
- With a treat in your hand, lure your dog’s nose down to its toes and bridge and treat- ensure its bottom is still up in the air
- Now repeat the exercise a few more time and this time hold the treat on the ground for a longer moment and then bridge and treat. We are trying to encourage the dog to hold the position
- Now start bringing your hand down to its toes while saying the word BOW and bridge and treat
- Then ask your dog to BOW as you bring your hand down, pause a moment, move your hand back a bit and then bridge and treat so we can eventually remove the hand
- Now ask your dog to BOW, take your hand away from your dog for a few more seconds and bridge and treat
- And now we have a dog that can Bow!